Monday, October 6, 2008

The Results



The pinto beans turned out great. I did turn them down to low around 3:00. I've tried cooking them on low the entire time and 8-10 hours isn't quite enough. Cooking them on high worked great. I decided to throw together a little layered dish instead of serving the beans with just rice or corn bread, both of which would have been good as well.


The layers:

1) Salsa mixed with a can of diced tomatoes (salsa alone is fine--I just didn't have enough and the kids liked this better anyway)

2) Tortilla chips

3) Beans

4) Canned corn (I used just 1/3 of can)

5) More salsa/tomato mix

6) Shredded cheddar cheese

Heat it up for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Top with sour cream. Yum. I fed 2 adults, 2 kids, and have about 1-2 servings left.


I have about 5 cups of beans and liquid (bean juice) left for the week. I'll let you know how I use them!

No comments: