Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bean Night

This fall I decided to make Monday nights "Bean Night." I know. That doesn't sound very exciting. But what does sound exciting is not having to think about what to make for dinner the first night of the week. In fact, it even gives me a base for planning the rest of the week's menu. Plus, beans are cheap, good for you, and (often) tasty. I'm cooking them in the crock pot, so I start them in the morning and they're ready at dinner time.

I am starting this blog to help me keep a record of what worked and what didn't and so that you might be inspired to try a Bean Night of your own! Here's how it will work. (I think.) On Monday, I will give a general recipe (I often don't measure) of what's in the crock pot. Then, throughout the week, I will give updates on how I'm using the beans for meals. I'll try to include pictures. Just a note: I'm experimenting as I go, so you might not want to fill your crock pot with the listed ingredients before I report back to tell you how it turned out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're posting about the beans because I never really knew what to do with beans in a way that kids would like, and I really enjoyed the layered bean dish as well as your black beans. Thanks for sharing and hopefully I'll get around to trying them at home too.

Jonna said...

Okay I know this post is so old, but I'm totally going to try this. Your bean recipes sound fantastic!